Thursday, March 27, 2008

Boys, dirt, sand gnats and water!

We are so glad to have Jeff's boy this week. Charlie is 10 and Luke is 5. They are on spring break. We have had a great time so far..let's see, I went and got them on Tuesday. We went to see "Horton Hears a Who" (cute movie), bought some plants for the garden Wednesday. Then....
We put them to work!
Well, I did get one cheesy smile from these farmers.
Wayne calls this my pretend garden, if it's not 40 acres it's "pretend" to him..but he nor I have the time any more..a few tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, peppers, onions and egg plants is all I can handle. Does that sound like "pretend" to you?

6 comments:

Shelia said...

Thats pretend?! Sheesh! I hope to be getting my plants in the ground this weekend.

Good job farmers! What a great reward you get in the end!

Brewton Girl said...

If he thinks that is pretend he should see our tiny little deck garden! Russ says if we put the plants in the ground the deer will eat them. I think this is an excuse to get out of dealing with a garden!

JoJo said...

Can you keep them for another week and loan to me? We started working on our garden last night and could sure use the extra hands! Enjoy yourselves in Georgia.

AmyWhit said...

Looks like you've got two good helpers there for your garden. They are getting so big!

Wendy said...

See how this is my size garden. Glad you where able to have the boys for a few day's! Spring Break is over now and it is all 6 weeks and school is out! Great pictures!~

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some work to me. Maybe the boys can come back and take care of it! Hey my garden is the pretend one, I pretend that is going to be succesful! Just flowers for me---vegetables are too much work, cause when they come in, you got more work to keep them!