Friday, October 12, 2007

Ah, Homer


I know yuk! But I, for one, had never seen this before and just knew I did not care to see it again...It' s kelp. Most of the time it is under the water, the tiny tail part is actually the "root" and is in the sand..the "bulb", when the tide is in, floats and the kelp leaves look like hair to me...anyway. Looking from our balcony it looked Bad....




"Open it, open it, Pop.. what does it look like?" Well, I missed the face but I a sure you it was not the pearl she thought it to be!.










You can see how much the tide goes out here it looks like the water is higher than us...This cliff was magnificent.




Our last look at Homer, as we were driving on Skyline Drive... Bitter sweet...love to have the kids home and they love coming home..but we knew this was ,more than likely, our last trip to Alaska.





Trip Check Day 4 & 5
10/11 & 12/07
I did not get to blog until late today so, now that Jame is in "real time" and has phone service it will be a bit easier to keep up with her. They said Grande Pairie was a big city, Edmonton, the Capital of Alberta, was still larger (about like Atlanta) they were heading into Calgary about 5:00pm EST. Trying to make it to High River, but not sure the kids can hold out for that. (just heard from her...they made it). Had some "interesting" things happen...more from her on that. Lots of pairies with lots and lots of round bales of hay..they even bale the median of the four lane highway! She a sures me she, huh..Shane, is taking pictures..she said she cannot take her eyes off the road..They are confident they will be into USA tomorrow. WooYoo!!

Thank you for your continued Payers.

Note: Jacob had to save Emmy..she stepped off into the deep end of the pool...over her head...thank God Jacob "saved her life".

3 comments:

AmyWhit said...

I thought that first one was a snake at first....and that you had named him Homer! LOL. Glad the family is making good time and will be back in the US of A tomorrow!

Shelia said...

Very proud of our Iceman! Quick thinking Jake, you did an outstanding job!

Umm, princess...lets keep our fannies to the shallow end for now. ~big smile~

and a big ol' WOOHOO!!!! for crossing over into the US and real time! LOL I'm proud of you Jame and Shane!

Anonymous said...

Thank God for big brothers, what a hero he is! I'm with Amy, I thought the first pic was a snake too. I always thought kelp was green and flat like a leaf! I AM NOT a water person! Don't know squat!