Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Alaskan Plants

Alaska has some very pretty plants.These are the beautiful berries on a Northern Ash tree. They say when the berries are rotting they ferment and when the birds eat them the get "drunk". Kinda like when the birds here eat china berries. I have a couple of seeds ...we'll see...it may be to hot here for it.
This is a flowering crab apple tree. I just love this..and have discovered it can be grown here.
This is the forest floor in Alaska. The edges of one of the plants is frilly and white. Some are red, and the roots and moss were neat.
I think this is like what my mom calls Queen Ann Lace. It was just about finished blooming while we were there, but I caught this one on the edge of Otter Lake.
Trip Check
Day 10
10/17/07
Everyone had a great visit with their friends in KY, and are once again on the road headed to GA. They should arrive tomorrow..YEA!!!! The biggest thrill and anticipation seems to that they will once again be able to eat with a fork!!

4 comments:

Queen of Foo Foo said...

Those are beautiful plants. Plant everything in the winter and it might grow here. Glad to know the Matthew's are getting close to home! I know ya'll are happy!

Anonymous said...

Love all the different plants, hope you have good luck planting one here! Praise the Lord for eating with the fork---fast food only makes you happy for a short time.

Wendy said...

Great pictures. They should be home now. So exciting. Send them our love and prayers!

Nancy S. said...

Very pretty plants, its worth a try to see if you can grow them here. Hope Jamie,Shane, and the kids are home and doing good. I would hate to make that trip. I just got home this evening from N.C. taking my mom home, and I am pooped.