Monday, October 8, 2007

Our Trip Down to Homer, AK

First I will apologize, because you may get tired of AK pictures..
however this is sorta like scrap booking, I am usung it so I'll always have this record of our last trip to Alaska..It's called the "Ring of Fire", the five volcanoes that you can see from the Kenai Peninsula, AK. Due to weather conditions we could only see two of the northern most..Mount Redoubt last erupted 1989.
And Mount Iliamna, has been quite for a long time.
This is the "Spit", it is a sliver of land that juts out into Kachemak Bay, pronounced "Catch-a-mack". It's called a spit because it looks like someone ( I say God) just spit the land out there...pretty fitting name. We stayed at the rightly named "Lands End Resort". If you can make out the tallest row of houses at the farthest point that's it! Across the Bay are five Glaciers, more on that later.
Another view of "The Spit"from Skyline Dr., with three of the five glaciers in view across the Bay.
The reason we went!
All of the sights took my breath away...
I hope you'll see what I mean in the next few posts...
but this is was the best sight for these sore eyes...We only got to stay one night due to appointments Shane had to keep, but it was good for these guys to take a break..walk the "beach" ....skip stones and watch otters crack clams on their bellies..

7 comments:

Queen of Foo Foo said...

Beautiful pictures! I know ya'll had a good time. I look forward to seeing more pictures. I pray for safe travel for the Matthews family
in Jesus name Amen.

Valerie said...

Nice family shot, they look a little cold. Keep the pictures coming. They are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

So glad you all had some time for fun. Moving is absolutly work, no matter what. I'm telling you that looks soooo cold. I just would not fit in anymore! Glad it was only temporary for ya'll!

AmyWhit said...

Praying for a safe trip home for the Matthews clan.

Wendy said...

Perfect shots of some amazing places! It will not be long they will be so much closer to home. I know you can't wait. I will pray for a safe trip.

AmyWhit said...

Great Pic's and I know you must be happy to be home. There's No Place Like Home. I'm praying for Jamie, Shane, and the kido's as they travel their long journy home.

Nancy S. said...

That last comment was me, I forgot to switch accounts. Sorry, Amy