Tuesday, September 11, 2007

911 Do you remember where you were?

I remember it like it was yesterday.
I was already at Picket Fences...Richard called and said have you seen the news...I said no.
He said get the key to my mom's house and go turn on the news..I asked why and he wouldn't say, then he said he'd be right there.So I did..we got there at about the same time and I just could not believe my eyes..
Richard knew Shane and Jamie were somewhere near the Pentagon,
and was trying not to scare me. (nice try)
I started trying to call and I finally got Jamie,
She said Shane was across the street and saw the plane, and
while we were talking Shane called and told her to
get the kids and leave....Now. Well, she choose to go north
with some friends...to PA...bad choice..
So many lost their lives....we need not to forget.
I did not have photo for today, until I went the PO and the BCB had this flag hanging up, it gave me chills. Lord bless all who lost loved ones and those who are still feeling the pain of this awful day and may we never experience anything like this again.

6 comments:

AmyWhit said...

Very touching to see the flag hanging there in remembrance. I was still in bed, pregnant with Riley. Gives me chills thinking about it. Mom called to tell me what was happening. I didn't yet have satellite in the new house, so I went down to her house to watch the news. Devastating doesn't even begin to cover it, as you know. The stories that really touch me are of the survivors that are alive today because of some small "inconvenience" that made them late for work that day...like one man taking his child to his first day of kindergarten....or some guy whose turn it was to bring doughnuts to the office...etc.

Shelia said...

That flag is a very powerful symbol. One to be treasured and protected. Praise God for those who do, and remember that day that so many are seemingly forgetting.

Queen of Foo Foo said...

I was @ work. We heard it on the radio. It still gives me chills to this day. I just watched Flight 93 the other day. How heroic were those people.

Brewton Girl said...

I was on my way to the dentist that day. My sister Vikki called me on my cell to tell me what was happening. I remember getting to the dentist and everyone was gathered around the TV in total shock.

Anonymous said...

I remember being at my mothers house. She was so sick with the chemo therapy and radiation, but she would not leave the TV for one minute. One of most awful days in history!

Wendy said...

I was watching the Today Show with Kaite and Matt. Ainsley was 2 and down for her morning nap! I remember thinking about Losing my family! Shane's uncle works for the NRA up in Washington and We was suppose to be on that plane headed home but he has decided the night before that he was going to drive through and visit some family. Lucky man!