Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Poetry in Motion

The Horse
Not just an animal, but a friend
I watch him gallop;
Smooth as glass;
Gracefully, I talk to him he understands;
No criticism, no hatred
Just a friend, with an encouraging nicker.
Spunks girlfriend came to see him today (I've known about them for sometime now).
It started out with just a kiss across the fence..

Now things have really taken off.
I had never seen him in purple until today, it becomes him.

Heart to heart they ride...Horses stole my heart a long time ago. I never had my own until I got married, then I took Wayne's LOL her name was Pet and I loved her!! They have broken my heart and bit my butt (no kidding), carried me on the wind and knocked me down (my fault). Then, when I had back surgery the doc said absolutely not... Spunk was given to me because he's not "perfect" by some standards (Biscuit, too). He probably hasn't been under a saddle in about eight to ten years (we usually let the kids ride bareback)..until today, his eyes got big as saucers when he saw the saddle...I'm not sure who I was more proud of..Christina or Spunk...Wayne did have to get on him and settle him a bit..but the fat ole boy (Spunk not Wayne) did so good. Christina, I know you love him...and as long as someone is here with you...come anytime...he'll get to where he is expecting you. You will never have a better friend. But I warn you...chances are he will break your heart one day.

"There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man" ~Winston Churchill~

"No hour of life is wasted, that is spent in a saddle" ~ Winston Churchill~

It is not enough for a man to learn to ride a horse: he must also learn how to fall ~Old Spanish Poverb~

5 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so glad he was on such good behavior! I'm very glad that he's picked such a cute girlfriend, too. We (Spunk and me) knew from the first that we would never make it.....I'm too afraid of heights! LOL!

Queen of Foo Foo said...

Go Christina! She looks like a pro.
I spent many a day on horses with Libby Taylor. Couldn't have had sweeter memories than riding and riding through the woods into the wind.

AmyWhit said...

I noticed his eyes right away. He looks a bit spooked, but I'm sure it will get easier on him with practice. Nice pictures. Little girls always love the horses, don't they?

Shelia said...

Thank you! Thank you! for the pictures of my baby! Christina has loved horses since before she could walk. No joke. Her favorite toys growing up were always the Grand Champions line of horses or the Breyer horses. She was born to be a cowgirl. Her times riding are the happiest of her life. She has ALWAYS had a soft spot for Spunk. She loves that handsome fat boy! LOL

Anonymous said...

Boy does this blog bring back memories for me. When I was Christina's age I just about died to go to the country to my Grandfathers. He had "Lady" we never had a saddle we were permitted to use, just bareback. Had lots of sweat stained shorts, but who cares!