Friday, September 14, 2007

The Real Thing

I love old bottles, I have quite a collection.
My nephew scuba dives off the docks in Savannah
and has given me some really cool ones.
I have a milk bottle collection.. even some from Brays' Island Dairy..

Wayne has been working on Parris Island for few months,
this week he dug up this old coke bottle. Knowing I love
the old bottles he brings all he finds home for me,
he says I always smile when I get them


The really cool thing about this one is it was bottled in Ridgeland, SC.
I know the Ridgeland Bottle Co started in 1910...
It celebrated it's 50th anniversary in 1960, It's not there today but I could not find
out when it closed.
The bottle is really nice.....
but I keep telling Wayne when he digs up that buried
treasure chest full of gold doubloons I'll be ecstatic.

4 comments:

AmyWhit said...

That's neat. Great find. My mom loves old bottles too. She has a really neat one in her "collection" too. I won't give it away. She may want to blog it one day and share it with you.

TaraG said...

That is too cool! I love the nostalga of old findings! It is great that you have a husband you shares in the same joy you have!

Shelia said...

I had no idea there was a bottling plant in Ridgeland. Thanks for the history lesson! Thats a great lookin bottle!

Brewton Girl said...

I'll have to show this to Russell, he has a collection as well, minus the one he had to take back to the cemetary!