Monday, September 17, 2007

Wrought Iron Gates

I would love to have a gate
similar to this
if I did not have dump trucks
and big equipment coming in
and out of it constantly.This one is nice.. with the oak tree, moss and azalea's behind it.
I did a little research a while back on wrought iron gate designs.
The one above (if my memory serves me) is called "scroll".
This one is called "floral".

A lot of the gates tell stories of families, trades, and some speak of royalty. They can contain a lot of information, even can say if you are a Christian, by the symbol, cool huh? Charleston has some really beautiful ones..this gate is actually in Walterboro, SC. Gates are the entryway into gardens and always seen so welcoming. Not sure what design I like, today you see them with palmetto trees, turkeys', and deer on them. So far I like all that I've seen so it will hard to choose..if I ever get to.

5 comments:

AmyWhit said...

Neat subject. I like them all too. How would ever make up your mind?!

Valerie said...

How interesting. I didn't know that much thought was put into them. Maybe when you build your house in Ga. you can put one at the end of a walk way.

Nancy S. said...

Very interesting,I too would love to have one, some day.

I would just like to get my trellis moved from the old house.

Brewton Girl said...

Great pictures! Great subject!

Queen of Foo Foo said...

Those are beautiful gates! I like seeing a lot of different gate designs.