Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Newcomer

This guy showed up at the watering hole the other day.
I had not seen this kind of bird at the fountain or feeder before, so I had to look him up. He's a Yellow-throated Warbler.
My book said they are usually only found
in the northern most parts of SC. Guess he was on a road, uhh air, trip.
He didn't stay long and I have not seen him again.
I love birds, I am always looking for them.
He's a new one to add to my list of "bird visitors".
but I'm with Amy I like to see them in their
natural setting as much as possible.
The picture is a bit blurry but I am glad to have gotten it at all.

4 comments:

AmyWhit said...

What a vivid yellow on his throat. He's a pretty one for sure! I'm glad you got the picture too!

oldav8r said...

Judy, he is a spectacular bird. I enlarged the pic for a good look and he is just beautiful. So glad he paid you a visit. Keep that fountain flowing, no telling what my fly in!

jamie said...

What a pretty yellow!!! Maybe you should start charging rent for your water fountain!!! LOL. Only 10 more days!!!!

Shelia said...

He's beautiful! I've never seen one these guys. Maybe I need a fountain!