Saturday, May 12, 2007

Sittin' with Pop at the big games

We went to see the boys play ball today.
Luke had finished his game and was sittin' with Pop watching Charlie play.
Heather and I thought it was so cute that
Luke and Pop had the their legs crossed exactly alike.
Charlie playing Shortstop. His team won 11 to 3.
These fields are part of a complex at The Community Church.
They offer the fields to the Carolina Forest Community for the kids to play baseball. The National Anthem is played, Scripture is read and a prayer is said before every game.
Jeff said this Church has grown to about 800 to 1000 members partly because of the Church's involvement with the community through this outreach. Hmm.
Here's a hurricane named LUKE.
It was funny watching these little ones play.
Luke can really hit the ball.
He slides into home every time! Look at this left leg for the proof.

5 comments:

oldav8r said...

Looks like a perfect day for a game. So glad ya'll got to go. Way to go on the win Charlie!

AmyWhit said...

Adorable. I LOVE the first one. I always like the "from behind" pictures.

I sure hope it was cooler in MB than it was here today. I was down at Mammaw's all day helping put up her new pool and sweating like a pig the entire time. By the end of the day, I was RIPE! I couldn't even stand to myself!

jamie said...

Too cute. I wish I were there to be the aunt I need to be!!

The first one look like Forest and Forest GUMP!!

I will miss baseball this year with Jacob. But, I sure am glad for a little break!! Before too long we will be back into football!!!

TaraG said...

Oh how I miss going to baseball games! I so love that shot of all the guys from behind. It is precious!

Shelia said...

Awww!!!!! I love the three Blankenship pic! And Charlie has grown so much! Wow!