Tuesday, May 1, 2007

A Lesson....

I loved this picture when I saw it.
Look how intense the boys are
looking at what Dad is showing and explaining to them.
This is such an important time for the boys. They are growing up to be men... fast.
It seems like just yesterday this could be Wayne and Jeff.
As parents we often make big mistakes, not meaning to of course. I'm afraid we scar ya'll with our lack of knowledge and stupidity, sorry. (But then come the grands. By the way American Indians call their grands "twice your child" I really like this. It's like you get a do-over. :0). Take the good lessons and teach them to the boys.
Anyway, as most of you know Jeff leaves soon and yes it's killin me.
So, Bubba I hope your scars aren't to deep. I hope we instilled a love for others, more than yourself, that you turn your critical eye on yourself first. Always look for the good, the positive,and best in people; find out what you can give and don't just look for what you can take. Keep your head down and your hopes and come home to us ASAP.
Oh, this is what Jeff was showing the boys, a big snapping turtle.
(I apologize to the other bloggers, but a Mom just has to get stuff out sometimes. Somehow I can write it better, I can cry by myself. :0) Forgive a Mom her ramblings.

3 comments:

AmyWhit said...

Gosh, I feel like I'm intruding on this post! I know what you're talking about now Ms. Judy. I worry about things now that never even phased me before becoming a mother. I'll pray for your "little boy" as he courageously goes into harm's way. If you hadn't done a good job with him...if you had truly "scarred" him...he wouldn't be doing what he has freely chosen to do. You have to be proud of that. Please give him one more hug from me before he leaves. You know I love you, Jeff!!! Now go "git 'er done!" and get your butt back home ASAP!

jamie said...

What can ya say to that?? I love the picture of him showing the boys the turtle, though!! Priceless!!! Of course JIM and ERM were more concerned with the turtle pic!!

You guys didn't scar us too bad! Maybe with folding the clothes, but, I might can pull myself together to get over that. BUT, I will flash back if I ever have to fold Dad's pants again. Just like Shane, I am allowed a couple of outburst!!!LOL

Shelia said...

Oh my goodness, this is a wonderful post, and so appropriate for what is about to happen. I'm with Amy, please give LT one more hug for me. I think you may have done an ok job with those kiddos of yours JuJu. :)