Thursday, July 26, 2007

Monkey Face

This is a little plant that Shane's grandmother brought me
when we first met his family. All I know is she called it
Monkey Face.
I found it in the Parks Seed Catalog but I can't remember the "real" name of it.
I'm not sure if it can be classified as a bulb but it has this tiny bulb like root. It may be considered a ground cover because it does spread. It's easy to transplant. I almost lost all of it due to some weeding with roundup, oops. It has made great recovery and I have move several clumps to different spots. It's a real pretty little flower..grows very low to the ground and the flower looks to big for the plant, the leaves are fuzzy and very green almost purple. It will bloom all summer, die back and return in late spring.
LOL, Shelia posted a "monkey", too!!!
Oh, Heather heard from Jeff, he is in Gardez...where ever that is. He will not be able to keep in touch much because of his location. But Heather said she would keep us informed.

7 comments:

AmyWhit said...

Very pretty little flower...and a wealth of knowledge on it. Also glad to hear that Jeff has been in contact and that he is well. =)

jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jamie said...

Wow!! I can't believe it is still growing strong...I remember when she brought that to you! I wonder if it would grown up here!!

Queen of Foo Foo said...

I love the flower. So pretty.

Brewton Girl said...

Great flower!! How neat to look at it and think of the person who gave it to you!!

Judy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelia said...

Judy, I love the way you can look at things and see something completely unexpected. Shows you definately haven't lost your imagination! No wonder your grandbabies love you so much!