Saturday, August 4, 2007

Quilts..

I love quilts..these are a few that I have. I am a sucker for the blue and red "tick in" stripe and
I love gingham check like in this one.I also like squares, crazy huh?
I've had this quilt for years, I wash it, dry it, put it back on the bed
and it looks great, it has the "old timey" cotton in it, so it is heavy.
When I was a kid my Nanny did not have heat up stairs..so she had lots of quilts. When I would stay with her, I'd climb up on the feather bed, and she'd say "are you ready?", and Boy you better be because when she flopped those quilts back on you and you sunk in to that feather bed..that'd be just how you slept, cause the quilts were to heavy to move!! Oh to be a kid again.

This is a "double wedding ring" quilt pattern. I've have this quilt for, gosh, Twenty-five years. A very dear friend (Cindy McJunkin) had it made for me.

OK, OK...You guessed it...I'll come clean..........

these were the "runner ups" for details...


6 comments:

Shelia said...

They are beautiful! I loooove quilts. Nothing better on a cold winter night to snuggle up with in front of the fire...other than a good lookin guy of course! Not that I do that or anything...grin

Anonymous said...

I love your quilts too. I had some from my grandmother, but have given them to my sons so they would have what I had to pass along. My granny used to get flour in fabic bas and make what she called stingbean quilts cause it was the fastest thing she could sew!

AmyWhit said...

I LOVE the first one, Ms. Judy! I have a quilt on my bed too. I hate those old comforters/bed spreads.

jamie said...

I like the quilts too!! I think I have one or two, but they aren't the best of quality!! Oh well, maybe one day I can inherit some!!

Well, I do have one that is special. Shane's great aunt gave me a quilt top that her momma's, mom's slaves did for her!! I guess that is pretty special!! I was honored to have it. Then, Granny put the back on it!!

Queen of Foo Foo said...

My Grandma Connelly made quilts. I believe Mom has them.
I can remember she used a lot of the old flour sacks for material.
The ones you have are very nice.

Nancy S. said...

Great runner-up choice. I love the old quilts too. I have a few
myself. I have one I started and haven't finished. We will have to have a quilting party huh?