Friday, August 31, 2007

Someone Special

This is my friend Sandy, we've been friends for more than 30 years, she knows everything about me, and still finds it in her heart to love me. She loves and cares enough about me to tell me when my pants make me look fat. LOL..She helps me weigh out things when my burden is heavy; and yes, even to tell me, in love, when I am wrong..she has even "taken a bullet" for me when I have been unjustly accused or wronged..She is a true friend. I love her very much and pray everyday that I can be the kind of friend she deserves. I just could not leave this lady out. For so many reasons! Always so stylish and proper. Love her dearly.


*************************
But this is my special someone ....
I have watched her handle herself with grace, integrity and determination over the last few years.
Always, Always...saying
"Me and God, we got this, Mom".
Most recently, I've watched her battle the United States Army with bulldog tenacity.. searching out what is right and fair for her husband, who has given so much in the last 4 years.
She has handled this on her own...no need to rally troops, heck there aren't any..."I got this mom, me and God we got it" She and Shane are literally beating a path for other wounded soldiers and their families..I think the Army calls it the "Matthews Path", and rightly so. They have been the "first" to do so many things..and being first has been tough. She said last night she felt like she had ran into a brick wall and that even the wall wanted to fight her...then she said "I read in Isaiah, the walls are Gods, He will move the walls, God always gives me the encouragement I need in all my trials" such faith. I look around and see so many people with such pity gripes... that mostly center around themselves. Waaawaaa...is not in this girls vocabulary.
Fighting for truth, fairness and letting trials make her a better person have been her call signs.
Never listening to the nay Sayer's, no time for that. Faults? sure she's got some...lets see....you can not rush her...she gets that from her dad (now Jacob has begun to exhibit the trait, grin ) but here again I see the Lord.. The Lord says we are like sheep and sheep; you can not drive you must lead them. So if you are going her way she'll follow...but she knows if you are leading her astray..and that's not gonna happen. (is that a fault?) I like how Shane says it..She "Woman's up" Meaning she takes the lead, and the responsibility, how many people do you know who are taking responsibility these days.

She is a beautiful child of God's ,inside and out.
J - Jesus first
O - others second
Y- yourself last

Can't you just see the joy on her face????

A lot of people have said we have done a good job raising our kids...well, we only had them for a season...the rest they have done on their own...We're very proud of both of them.

7 comments:

Queen of Foo Foo said...

Great job! I know ya'll are very proud of Jamie as you should be!
As for Ms. Pauline we all love & look up to her! It is so great to have a friend and confidant in Sandy. Everyone needs that special person you trust and lean on no matter what.

Anonymous said...

We all have so many special people in our lives, God has blessed us over and over. Praise God for daughters like your Jamie. She is an admirable young woman. You can have a little pride in making that happen. You gave her knowledge of God, right & wrong, and above all love. Good job Mom!

Shelia said...

Oh my Lord what a beautiful post. I told you today thats a strong girl ya'll raised. I see in your face and hear in your voice how proud you are, and justly so. I can see her rolling her eyes while she reads this, but she is an amazing woman. Good job ya'll!

Ms. Sandy is a very special person with one of the biggest hearts I've seen to date. She is such a blessing.

What can I say about Ms. Pauline? I love her dearly and she always lets me know when I should have worn something different to church. LMAO!!!

AmyWhit said...

All three are very special ladies for sure. Beautiful post. That Ms. Pauline is another one you can't rush! LOL. Bless her little heart! She never gives up...and she's just so darn cute!

Wendy said...

Wow this made me cry! Jamie is special, it has been a long time since I saw her but I knew then and you can see it now in her smile and the glow of her eyes!

Valerie said...

Nice job! Jamie is such a wonderful young woman and I admire her.

Brewton Girl said...

Jamie is amazing, I admire her spirit.

Ms. Pauline is one of a kind! Such a spunky lady!

Ms. Sandy is so sweet she always has a kind word or compliment to make me smile! I can see why she is so dear to you.