Monday, August 6, 2007

Thready Details....

This is the second runner up to details...
I haven't had time to take a new pic...
(but I have a goodie for tomorrow, stay tuned)My grandmother was an incredible seamstress. She made everything; purses and hats to match her dresses and even made underwear for my grandfather! I would see a picture of a dress and she could make it just by looking at the picture. (and sometimes my dresses were made out of feed sacks.) She also crocheted like you would not believe. This picture is a sample of her work that I am privileged to own. My mother can sew very well too..I, however, can do neither...

5 comments:

Nancy S. said...

I love the pot holder with the rose in the middle, very good. Patsy Harvey's mom can crochet anything she sees. She has made several things for me. I'll have to take a pic of some of them.

Like you I can't do any of that kind of stuff. I have always wanted to learn to sew.

Can't wait and see what you post tomorrow.

AmyWhit said...

wow. she was definitely talented with a needle and thread, wasn't she?! I'm not a sewer either. I've sewn two things in my life. One was a pirate costume for Riley's Halloween costume last year, and thank the good Lord that I had my Mammaw to "help" me. She laughed at me. I'm definitely not a good sewing pupil. I can't even sew a straight line to save my life! But, oh well...it has held together for several wearings, and with Mammaws's help it turned out adorable (er...I mean FIERCE!). Then I did do a solo sewing project. I made Riley a cowboy vest, which did turn out really cute...but that was super easy. But at least I did it all on my own! Wish I could learn to sew more things. It is pretty fun!

jamie said...

I love all those doilies!! Emily loves the ones that you sent her!!

You can to sew!! At least you know how to put a dart in a pair of pants or hem something up!! I can do the costumes....but forget the hemming and putting darts in...

Queen of Foo Foo said...

Those are very pretty. You have a nice collection.

Anonymous said...

I love your croched items. I have some of my Grandmas, but they are in a drawer, I'm saving them?????