Thursday, August 30, 2007

Solemn Rows-Revelation-Sweet Hope

Solemn Rows, trees and markers. The National Cemetery
This is a view of the main entrance of the NC, with a monument at the rear.

These dear sweet men and women who died in the line of duty knew what they were fighting for..some Americans have lost sight of "One Nation Under God"

Whenever I finally get to talk to Jeff for a minute I ask him a million questions...I'm sure he is thrilled, bless his heart he is always saying "gotta go, love you" and I keep asking questions and tell him to hang up first and he says I've hung three times and you keep poppin' back up...Oh well. I ask him about the Afghan people. He said they are, for the most part, regular people..very poor..He also said they think of themselves as Afghans, like we think of ourselves as Americans. That is not the case in Iraq however. They are not a "Nation" they are lots of "small nations and tribes" trying to wipe each other out. But what can we expect? As we go deeper into our study of Revelation (in our SS class)...and learn about Babylon (Iraq), the seat of the Anti-Christ, the pit of hell ...I am so sure that the earths time is short. And these who are dead in Christ will rise first...Then those that remain will be caught away in the twinkling of an eye.

"I come quickly"

Our Sweet Hope

8 comments:

Nancy S. said...

kinda depressing pic's but I like the message.

Queen of Foo Foo said...

Those are great pictures. I know when you get to talk to Jeff those are precious moments. I probally would be asking alot of questions also. You are so right this earthly world is quickly coming to the end. Thank you Jesus we know where we will spend eternity.

AmyWhit said...

I'm just glad that I will not be around to experience what God's gonna have those angels pour out of those seven bowls! Talk about wrath!

Heather said...

I think the black and white adds distinction to the pictures. We must have riden by there a million times and never stopped to really examine the names as closely as we should.

Valerie said...

Great B & W's. And the message was beautifully put. I thank all who have served and those who continue to serve. May God be with them all!

Anonymous said...

This blog is 100% right. God job Judy. I hate it that Jeff is overthere, but I also thank God that we have men like Jeff with conviction and courage in their heart.

jamie said...

WOW! I love the National cemetary when it is Memorial Day. There are or used to be flags everywhere!! It is very patriotic! Your message is so right on!!!

Shelia said...

Love the b&w! It adds so much. Your message is a true one. Wether they believe it or not.