Sunday, April 15, 2007

Ahhh, The Real Thing

On the way home from Georgia yesterday we stopped at a little country store. Wayne went in and bought me this Coke. (He drinks Pepsi). It was funny because we couldn't get it open at first, then he used the side of his knife and bruit strength. Psssh! ah the sound!

I sat it up on the dashboard and took this picture. It's a "reproduction" of the old bottles. My mom always called them "shot cokes". It's only 8ozs. Not like those mega 20oz. things now. Somehow the glass bottles always seem colder and more refreshing than the plastic bottles.

They used to bottle Coke in Beaufort on Carteret Street. We used to watch the bottles go around, be filled, and capped. I must admit I am a bit addicted. I try to limit my self but, somedays nothing else will do. Psssh! music to my ears!

2 comments:

AmyWhit said...

Nice one! My dad and Riley call them peanut Cokes. Dad buys them sometimes and they put salted peanuts in them. Can't really do that with a can!

Pepsi is disgusting. Tastes like a flat Coke. When my uncle worked for Pepsi, he would tell me that I was taking food out his kids' mouths when I'd drink a Coke. I told him he should have gone to work for Coke! I was drinking Coke a long time before he went to work for Pepsi. We don't drink many "sodas" around here. We couldn't live without our sweet tea though!

jamie said...

AHHH, I love the bottle cokes... Every now and then we will find one and will have to buy it!!!