Wednesday, April 25, 2007

On Top "The Mountain"

Aunt Alice said these little flowers grow and bloom on top of the mountain all the time. It is amazing, there is only a thimble full of soil there. There are a few trees growing on the mountain but they look pretty stunted.
Look what I found on the mountain, Amy's butterfly.
I was amazed too.

This guy looks a little beat up, possibly from the climb, hehe. I also like that you can see the granite sparkles in these close ups. I love butterflies too, Amy, I hope to get up to the Pond in Hampton. There is a plant there that the butterflies just love and swarm to. It's really a weed I guess. It has a small white ball of a bloom on it that just calls the butterflies.



3 comments:

Shelia said...

The pictures of the "flutterby" are just wonderful. You should take them to the Butterfly Shop!

AmyWhit said...

Well no dang wonder I couldn't find him! He went to Georgia! Love them. Unbelievable about the flowers in that little bit of dirt. That's a pefect example of "blooming where you're planted".

We should do a blogger's day...and all go out shooting.

jamie said...

What is truly amazing is how they grow there and I don't have much luck with flowers!! Maybe I should just plant them and do nothing to them!! LOL.

I think I would be pretty banged up too, from having to fly all the way up to the top of the mountain!!
Wish we could go with ya to the pond!