Thursday, March 29, 2007

Downtown

This is my favorite of the old homes downtown. It is on North Street.
As a kid, I always thought it looked like a damsel's castle. It was grey back then
and really looked more like a castle.
I was standing behind the Federal Court House when I took this, right across the street from Moss & Kuhn. I know they were wondering what I was doing.
This of course is the Arsenal. Wayne and I attended a seminar
there this week on Retirement.
We found out we don't get to!

I was downtown having lunch on my birthday with Sandy & Shelia at Magnolia's when this barge went by Bellamy's curb. We had just finished lunch and I was heading to the bank. Well of course the bridge opened to let this barge go by. So I darted through some side roads and went to the waterfront parking. I caught the barge just as it was making the turn towards the new bridge.
It's amazing what you can see downtown


3 comments:

AmyWhit said...

I have always loved that house too! I think it looks like a little girl's dream playhouse! I mean, really, who would ever think a REAL house would be pink?! It is very pretty though.

Love your pics...and I can just see you darting in and out of the side streets just to get your photograph of the day (the barge)! LOL. Is this the barge with the old cars on it that Shelia was telling me about and that she had forgotten her camera that day?

jamie said...

You better be careful darting in and out of traffic, young lady!! Just kidding!! I don't remember this house. There are so many pictures downtown that I don't remember!! I guess I need to hurry and move my butt back home, so I can refresh myself!!!

Who's gonna get to the "castle" first?????

Wendy said...

THank you so much for the comment anytime. I have been sneaking and reading yours, jamie's and I don't know Heather but Jeff's families blog. I love them you guys do a great job!