Saturday, March 31, 2007

Bones of Contention

These are one set of many deer horns hanging under the barn. Most of the horns are nailed to the rafters. These however, if you will notice, are hanging by a sting from the rafters. The story goes (and there are always two tails ya know). I will present one and I have been assured that the other story will surface soon. Needing rattling horns this nice little four point was just right. So sawing them apart seemed the perfect solution. Not knowing what wrath would be incurred dad proceeded to saw them apart. They worked well, but he now wishes he could somehow put them back together. Part two coming soon from a blog near you.

6 comments:

oldav8r said...

Judy, no comment on the horns, but I just happened to re-read you profile on the left and I got you by 4 years!!! You are not the "old lady of the blog." Anyway age is just a candle on a cake.

Shelia said...

Oh I can't wait to hear part 2. LOL

AmyWhit said...

Who is gonna tell part 2? GWB? JWB, aka LT? JMB? I'm waiting....

Judy said...

Oh, it will be LT..just wait..and remember GWB started this one.

jamie said...

I love how these boys are getting in on these blogs. However, it is funny to me how they won't start their own!! SO LT, whens the second half coming??

Heather said...

Alright....so let's set things straight. It wasn't a 4 point to begin with. It was a 6. The biggest 6 I have ever shot in my life. There's a whole other story that goes along with that deer, but I digress. Biggest deer of my life and bozo says, "How cute", and cuts 'em into rattlin' horns. They weren't as big as the monsters that Ronald ties to trees for him, but it was the biggest I had. I'm still hot about this.