Wednesday, March 28, 2007

RR

Worked loose, or dropped? A RR Spike lays in the rocks on the track
that runs behind our house.

I liked this one better in B/W. The train was still running when we moved into our house. Which was scary because the kids loved to play on the tracks. (remember the goob) I feel much better now that the train is not running when kids ask, and they always ask, JuJu can we play on the tracks.

The RR spike is resting in the sun after years of hard work holding
on while the train runs clickety lack down the track.
Well, that's it for today. I was having trouble with the program, ah heck no more excues!

5 comments:

AmyWhit said...

Oh, I really like the last two! I like the black and white that you did.

jamie said...

The black and white turned out great!!! You know what I really like about being back there, is the creek that is right there. And finding slate. I truly thought that was such a treasure when I was a kid. I loved to hear the creek running. Today, I still love to hear the sound of running water. It has such a soothing effect.

Is there still a path that goes back there?? It used to be beaten down so you could see where you were going.

Shelia said...

I love the back & white! It looks so spooky!

Heather said...

Now it's my boys who look at the track as one of the best things about being at Nana/Pop's house. They love to bring back slate for their friends. They, too, think that the spikes are special treasures.

I think it's great to imagine adventures along the railroad.

The black and white picture is my favorite!

oldav8r said...

Judy, thats a great black and white ( Iguess we all like retro). Can almost see the hobo jumping the train!