Friday, March 9, 2007

Spooky....Yet.....Beautiful




I was trying to catch up with a red bird today.....I kept getting moss but no bird (yet)....so these are really an accident, except the one at the top, it is on the bank at Picket Fences (where I work). I thought the sun was really nice on the trees. I did not attempt to enhance these. I love the moss it is so.....well southern...It can be so beautiful, but it can also be scary. Try walking outside at night when the wind is blowing, oooooooo...It's called Spanish moss, I believe because the Spaniard's settled here and they brought it with them...It only grows in our famous humidity. It can also have red bugs in it. (I think Yankees call them chiggers?) Anyway, a bug by any other name will itch the same.


7 comments:

AmyWhit said...

Well, Ms. Judy, it looks like we're the late posters! I love the photos of the moss, and I agree, it can be spooky! I wish we could get together and shoot some pics this weekend, but it's not looking good for me! My desk is piled high with work...and I REALLY need to figure up my taxes, as much as it pains me to say that! I've usually gotten my refund check by this time every year....needless to say, not THIS year! fun! fun!

Judy said...

Looks like it, I feel like a kid with a flash light under the cover so my dad does not know I'm still up. (I've gotten the "Cutter Off" already). Jamie doesn't count she still has 4 hours on us.

I feel your pain w/ the tax stuff What's a refund check?

jamie said...

I think that first picture came out really well, mom. Remember when we brought some moss back here with us, so Jacob and Emily could take it to show and tell?? That's so funny. And them yankees come down here and think that it is just sooo pretty and take some home, all the while we are giggling knowing that they will SOON have red bugs!!! (we'd never do that to you though Jess.)hehe Just some Suthern humor.

Sister & Girls said...

Great pictures! I bet that moss is alittle spooky in the dark! With me being a Yankee and all I've never heard of a chigger but I'm going to look it up and see what they are!
Jamie thanks for not pulling the southern humor on me! That wouldn't be very nice!!

Heather said...

When we were children coming to the coast for a vacation, we always knew that we were near the beach when we saw the moss! Now Lucy, Harris, and Christian say the same thing. I wish it would grow up here- but our beach must be a little to north.
Great pics!

oldav8r said...

Judy, getting a picture of a bird is very difficult. To get the bluebirds, I had to focus my camera and then hide around the corner. When I heard them flying at the backdoor I would lean around the corner clicking. I finally got some pics, but not because I was good---just lucky. The delay on my digital camera is intolerable. Gotta get a new and improved model.

Shelia said...

I like the pics, the kids always have a blast getting spooked at night running into that moss in the trees!