Monday, March 19, 2007

Wild Beauties




Coming home from work today, about 7pm, I noticed these wild beauties along the highway. The Snow Bells (top two) were at the base of a pine tree. I love them, they are so dainty and always "ring" in spring with a sweet silence. My pictures do not do them justice. The Wisteria (bottom photo) caused me have to turn around and go back to get this pic. I just caught it out the corner of my eye. I don't really care for wisteria, it has huge vines that hang in the trees, seemly strangling them. The smell is very strong and unpleasant to me. But the picture neither strangles nor smells, so I like it.

4 comments:

AmyWhit said...

I have had my eye on some Wisteria, myself. I just haven't made it back over there to photograph it. I like it. I like the color and the shape it grows in. I think it's pretty! Don't know about the smell though.

Were you on our road tonight? My dad said he thought he saw you at the end of the road....about 7ish (he was on his way home from work too). I said, I bet she was taking pictures in MY neck of the woods! LOL. I've got my spys on you!

jamie said...

The first ones really do look like dainty little bells. Cute!!

jamie said...

Do people look at you guys crazy when you are taking pictures on the side of the road?? I get some strange looks.

Shelia said...

I think so many people take pictures here its not out of the ordinary. I love wisteria. I've been eyeing some around the corner of my house. They're soon to come. I like the bells. I've never noticed them before.