Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Old Burnt Church











I was out yesterday with Wayne (we had a great day! doing "his" stuff, more on that later). I got him to stop by the old Sheldon Church Ruins (locals call it the old burnt church). These are the remains of a church that was burnt to the ground (twice) during the Civil war once by Sherman, I'm not sure who burnt it the last time. It is kept up these days by the Episcopal Church. They have services there the Sunday after Easter each year, pretty neat. It is used a lot for weddings, which are beautiful (if you can plan it around the gnats). I went on a Plantation tour once and a black lady was at the church singing old spiritual, I got cold chills.
I posted two of the same picture by mistake, and then on purpose. Photo #1, I did nothing to, #2 I did some enhancing, I also enhanced the all the others, can you tell the difference? Do I need exaggerate it more? Help.




5 comments:

AmyWhit said...

DANG NAB IT! I knew it! THIS was one of the locations I knew you'd beat me to! That's okay....I'll just have to do my take on it. Shelia was talking today about all of us doing the same subject and getting different perspectives. It could be fun.

I'm working my way down to Shelia's blog and can't wait to see her post. I so busted her today taking photos in the church parking lot! LOL.

AmyWhit said...

Oh, I can tell the difference in the first two. Did you adjust levels maybe? I like it. Do we need a workshop on photo editing...is that what you're hinting at?! LOL.

jamie said...

I love this place. I see it everyday because of the picture you had made for us. I love the trees and the moss.

I can tell the difference. Maybe try playing with the levels. That's what I do. I don't know if there is truly a technique, I haven't read as much as ASW. Try with the contrast and brightness. But I think it looks good. For that 3rd one, did ya climb a tree to get that shot? What about the old water pump? Is it still there? Does it actually still pump water?

Shelia said...

What levels?? I'm lost! I haven't posted yet Amy! Sorry, lol I took the kids fishing at John and Natalie's. Yes I was very busted, but I got a great pic of some late comers to church too! Judy these pics are really great! I can tell you lightened them up.

Heather said...

I have no idea what you did. I know they look similar, but I am totally lost in the "level" area. Love the pics, though!