Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Spunk and Biscuit...as requested by Luke

This is Spunk, he's a Tennessee Walker . We've had him for about 10-11 years I guess. His registered name is "Master of the Ring", that was a little to "high falutin" for us. So we call Spunk, mostly because he was a stallion. But alas, now he is a gelding. But he prances around, swingin' his head like he is still "the man." Has a lot of Spunk!

This is Biscuit w/ Spunk, we've had her about 5 / 6 years. She is a quarter horse. I don't know if you know much about horses, but mares can be .... well witchie! She's sweet most of the time but it has to be her idea. After I took this picture she said that's enough...and went to bed.

We love them, Wayne says "they like to eat and I like to feed them" so it works out nice for both parties. We don't ride them much but when the kids come we can still throw them up on them and they will oblige. Both were given to us. They both were going to be put down. (A Friend of mine brought me Spunk and about 5 years later she called and said she had Biscuit.) I could not bear the thought of them being put down. Hope this works for Luke...who loves to feed them carrots & apples and Spunk and Biscuit like to eat them,see it works out good. Also, there is a very sweet girl who visits Spunk and he "kisses" her every time she's here, really he slobbers all over her...Right CJ?

6 comments:

AmyWhit said...

Ooooh, I think these are my favorites from you so far! The colors are great, and your horses are so pretty. I've always thought so. I can't believe they were going to be put down?! WHY?!

Judy said...

They were not "perfect" according to some people, and not worthy to live. Spunk came from Brays Is. and Biscuit came from Creek Plantation in Aiken. I love them warts and all.

Shelia said...

WOW! Judy these turned out awesome! Spunk is such a ham! Biscuit is so pretty now, she looked a bit poor when you first got her. I was there with Jamie the day Biscuit arrived. She had horrible sores and knots all over her. Jamie said, "ahh Mom will fatten her up and take care of her". LOL and ya did!

oldav8r said...

They are both beautiful creatures. Don't need to ride them, just love them, pet them and feed them (maybe a Snicker Bar)!

jamie said...

Are you still feeding them Dad's Zero candy bars??? You know she sneaks them those. That is the secret of fattening the horses up.. ZERO CANDY BARS... I love horses. I miss being around them. My kids love them too, even throwing over the hay for them.

Mom, these pictures are great, did you touch them up or just leave them.. They are great.

Heather said...

I love the pictures! Luke said, LOOK at them, MUM! He was so excited! They are very clear.

I want a print of the second one to put on the fridge for the boys...Can you email it to me?