Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Time stood still...I wish


I missed my shot today. It was the perfect one; I'd been waiting for this one for awhile, not tellin' what it was (and I'll get Shelia if she tells). Anyway, I went to grab my camera, I didn't have it!! I had left it at home. Dog-gone-it. I panicked for a moment, my hands got sweaty and then suddenly my shot was gone. Hopefully not forever. So I'm having to post some I took the other day..I am not real happy with these, I was hoping to get better ones of the clocks later. I have to go to the Town of Port Royal at least a couple times a month for work and I took this picture (top photo) on one such occasion. I hate I cut the top off of the final. If you've been to Beaufort you know the chances of getting stuck in traffic because the bridge is open is pretty good. That's how I got the picture of the Peoples Bank Clock downtown (the bank no longer exist) so the clock is front of Lipsitz's Shoe Store (a whole new set of memories for another blog). The sun was blaring on the day I took these, but it's all I got. I'll put my honkin' lens on (: (asw) and try again. Hey, Amy how's the 1/3's rule looking??? Maybe I don't want to know.

3 comments:

AmyWhit said...

I'm so proud of you. You are so faithful to your blog, and your posts are always so interesting! I've been slacking lately! In my defense, however, I've been doing it a wee bit longer than you....and I'm running out of ideas...and momentum! LOL.

jamie said...

Ahhhh,lipsitz!!! You know when I come home we have to go there. I loved it as a kid and now my kids love it!!! What kind of good shoes do they have now?? Any cool flip flops?? I need some new dansko's, so does Emily. Can you believe she's already outgrown those shiny red ones?? When we bought them I could stick my whole finger in the back of them!!! Dang it!!

Heather said...

I remember Lipsitz! I have an old pic of Charlie getting his first real Buster Browns sitting in "the chair". Jeff told me they could not come from anywhere else.

I'm so glad to see that Port Royal has put so much effort into it's beautification! It looked nothing like that when we left 7 years ago!