Monday, March 26, 2007

Rust




We were at a farm auction on Saturday. The theme of the day was rust. I'm afraid that I did not capture the farm implements as well as I wanted to. Farming as a living is being taken over by the big Farm Corporations. Like everything else it's do more with with less. I love the old Farmall Tractor, my dad had a Farmall but it was much older than the one in the pic. The sun was very very bright and I adjusted these pics some, but I have a ways to go yet. I really like old things and enjoyed the day with old Wayne.




6 comments:

Heather said...

I love the old things. These remind me of your dad's place. I can remember Jeff taking me to the barn and telling me that he had built it. He told me the things he used to play around and in and on.

Good pics!

Heather said...

Hey momma...LT here....I guess the cat is out of the bag now. It was fun while it lasted, eh? E-mail me the pic of the burnt church (3rd one down). It would make great wallpaper for my computer. Love ya.

Judy said...

OK! Love you LT

Shelia said...

Judy these are great, I would have loved to see the rust on "old Wayne". HA! Now that I think about it, he may have shaken the rust off chasing Shelby around the church yard! LOL Hey LT, it only took me 2 or 3 days to figure out who you were!! Boy did I feel academically challenged!

AmyWhit said...

LOL @ the theme of the day! Did you feel crazy taking pictures of old rusty things all day? How many weird looks did you get? LOL. I bet more than one or two! That's alright. They turned out great.

There is a tractor show this coming weekend up in Aiken. Shanon and Adam are heading up there because her dad has something to do with it. Thankfully dad is working this weekend and isn't going. (Did I ever tell you that I hate tractor shows?!) I'll go long enough to get some pics and then I'm seriously over it!

jamie said...

I loved grandpa's old tractor. I remember riding on the hood of it. Is it a hood?? Not really, oh well. Maybe I am the one academically challenged today.

Your rust turned out good though!! :)