Friday, March 9, 2007

It's what he does....


This is Poppie (Pop to Luke)


See Poppie work


A million trips a day back and forth , and billions of grains of sand moved
to the perfect place, so the water will flow and the lot will be level,
and the people will be happy and write the check .

He's very good at what he does. He has taken "nothing" and made
a very nice life for his family. He loves his Lord, his wife and children,
in that order. And I would not have it any other way.

Little boys with little toys, grow up to be big boys with big toys

"An honest day, for an honest dollar"

Big shoes to fill boys and girls.

He thinks about all of you more than you will ever know.
Jeff and Shane he is very, very proud of you both.

Charlie, Jacob & Luke you are very special to Poppie,
(nobody I mean nobody has gotten to do the stuff you have around here)
you make him laugh and cry. Which is a good combination.

Sissy, Heather and girls, although you scare him from time to time
with "girl stuff" you are his heart. That is why it is so big.

He loves you and so do I.



5 comments:

AmyWhit said...

This is one post that Riley will want to see! He loves the big equipment. He has said that when he gets big he's gonna have ALL the loaders and diggers....but Uncle Bill can have ONE. And he is one little boy that is ever grateful for the billions of grains of sand that he moved over here to our neck of the woods. Thanks again, Poppie!

jamie said...

Are you trying to make me cry now??? You know I already miss ya. These are the toys that I had to grow up on, instead of 4-wheelers, and motorcycles. I could drive a dumptruck by the time I was 13. I drove dad's brand new front end loader before he even sat in the seat. Around and Around the hayfield. Jacob is saving his money right now for a bobcat. (You know that is about the only thing Pop doesn't have.)

We love you too, mom and both of you dad.:)

Shelia said...

OK, that was simply beautiful. Very special people abound in this area!

oldav8r said...

I love being on the outskirts and watching your family interact. Love abounds.

Heather said...

I think I'm the luckiest daughter in law in the entire world! Your words are so beautiful to me. I'm with Jamie, I'm gonna be wipin' tears over this one.

Maybe I won't forget to call tonight...miracles do happen...

Luke and Charlie say they want more pictures of Pop in the blog- Charlie says flowers are ok, but big machines are better! Luke asks for pictures of Spunky and Biscuit!