Friday, June 29, 2007

Busy Sky

I was talking to a fellow blogger about how
hard subjects are to come by.
Then the subjects started coming to me.
This plane was going to Savannah (?)
This guy was leaving Savannah

This guy was practicing.

These are reversed, you can tell by the sky that was rapidly getting dark.

This guy was also leaving Savannah

This is my crazy neighbor.

Yes..these were all in the sky over my house in the space of about thirty minutes! Amazing...better than the frog I had. Not the best pictures, but 5 planes crisscrossing the sky priceless.

5 comments:

AmyWhit said...

Sounds like the sky was busy over your house this evening! I tried my picture again tonight and got better focus...but my little 75 mm zoom lens just doesn't do the trick with a subject SOOOO far away! We need to pool our resources....I'll bring my tripod and you bring your 300 mm lens and maybe we can both get the shot we're after!

The first weekly challenge has been posted. Riley was even naming off some things tonight as he was going to sleep that would fit the challenge. Maybe I'll post some of his challenge photos! This would be something that the kids can get in on. Maybe Shelby will post some too.

Anonymous said...

Those are some pretty good shots. Planes are hard to get just right. I had the best luck with my old Minolta and 1600 film. But sadly you can't even buy the film anymore. The fastest shutter speed always helped. I've got tons of airplane pics. My absolute favorite is the Thunderbirds.

AmyWhit said...

Nope, no 300 mm for me. I wanted something that I could pretty much keep on my camera all the time that would give me a wider angle and more zoom than my 50 mm prime lens. I love the 50 mm, and it's super sharp, but sometimes you just need a little more room to play! I went with the 28-75 mm, and it's perfect....well, except for shooting the moon! LOL

jamie said...

The planes are a pretty cool topic!! Just remember, the noise you hear is the sound of freedom!! --I have to remind myself that constantly living on post right near the flightline!

Brewton Girl said...

As I'm reading this post, planes are flying over right now, I hear my freedom!!! Great shots!!