Monday, June 25, 2007

My Nanny's Bible

My refuge and my strength. As you can see it has been used.
I always hesitate to pull it out because it is so fragile but on days like today...
I feel like I have been toting a led balloon all dang day. Like all of a sudden God's pulled out a pop quiz and I am ill prepared, no pen, no paper, no brain. The quiz has so many topics and themes I do not know where to start. So as I always do I pull out my Grandmother's Bible, I know the words are all the same but some how, maybe because she held it, it speaks a little gentler to me, and stuff is easier to find. I try very hard not to be a 911 Christian but today did feel like an emergency situation. I was talking with Shelia and she said "I thought God's not suppose to give us more than we can handle". It's true; He says in Matt. 11: 30 His yoke is easy and His burden is light, so that's when I had to look at Moses. During a battle as long as Moses' arm was raised Israel was winning the battle, when his arm fell they began to lose. When his arm got tired his brother Aaron and Hur (a co-worker) held his arm up for him. So I need some help holding up with a few prayer request:
Our Church Body
Our prospective pastor
Katie "Pooh" Saunders
Little Sumner Brooks Pingree
My mom who fell last week
My friend Sandy
Shane & Jamie & Kids
Jeff & Heather & Boys
Wayne as he works in this heat
I love you all and I am holding you all up too.



7 comments:

Shelia said...

Consider yourself lifted, and all those with you. Love you.

AmyWhit said...

We will help carry the burden. I'm sorry to hear about Ms. Joan. Is she okay? Is everything okay with little Sumner? I think I'm up to speed on everything else!

jamie said...

I am feeling most of those burdens as well as you!! I think that this is the time when it is really hard to be apart!! We are praying hard up here!! Remember, turn it over to God and have faith like a little child! Emily prayed tonight that God would wrap his mighty arms around Uncle Jeff and keep him safe. She really feels that God can and WILL do these things that she says! So, have faith like Em and Jacob. They pray KNOWING that God will do what they ask. (I, too, need to practice what I preach!)

jamie said...

oh, I love that old Bible, too!

Nancy S. said...

Judy, you are going to make me cry! I feel your pain, and so does the good Lord and he will ease your pain and lift your burdens. My heart is heavy for you and Wayne. Good Lord if one of my boys was "In The Stan" I'm afraid I would be a basket case. Thank God you can at least hear from him. We are certianly praying for his safey, along with all the others over there.

Brewton Girl said...

Sometimes we get so heavy with burdens it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. We serve a wonderful God and we have to remember that he will take those burdens for us. We only have to lay them down.

Anonymous said...

Judy, I think I can say for all us bloggers we are praying and hugging you all at the same time. Feel all the squeezes as we hug. No matter what encouragement we offer, none can match that old, old Bible.