Friday, June 1, 2007

Perspective

These pictures were taken on our trip to Whittier, Alaska.
We went to see the Portage Glacier and I'll post some of those pictures later.

I was hoping to get a perspective for you on the vast expanses of this great land called Alaska. The first photo was taken at 75 mm. It was a very grey, rainy and cold day.

This photo was taken with 300mm. I don't know if you can get the perspective I was hoping for or not. You may be getting a different kind of perspective if Jame and I post our on take on some of the same the photos.

It's good to be home, but boy was it a tearful tear away at the airport today. I'm still crying. I'm also trying to reset my internal EST clock.

3 comments:

AmyWhit said...

Welcome home! It's good to have you back. It's just too bad that you couldn't have come home with a few more people than you left with. Hopefully soon!

I love the second picture. Huge chunks of ice. Just wow.

Shelia said...

I'm with Ame! Welcome home, I'm happy you're back! I wish you could go back and stay with your babies for a bit longer though. I know they miss you terribly. I bet we could have fit most of them in a suitcase or two! LOL

oldav8r said...

Judy the Alaska pics are tremendous. I don't think anybody can get the perspective unless they are actually there. It looks so very cold.

Glad you made it back home though. Sorry work couldn't make it without you, you should have turned that thing off! LOL. Girl you ARE NEEDED!