Thursday, June 7, 2007

Odd Things in the Garden

Today was a crazy odd day from the get go.
I went out to check on the pool early this morning, and on my way back inside I saw some odd things.
This is a "Bat Face" plant. Looks just like a bat with a red frilly dress on!
It must have started blooming while I was gone.
Twins, These odd little guys are growing in a pot on the pool deck. They are very tiny little blooms but I sure do like them. Maybe they look more like a bat flying out of a red frilly dress?
Now this odd thing is actually a clematis growing on the arbor out by the pool. I've never seen them in this "ball" stage. Only after the ball has unwound.
Wow! My sago palm is blooming. It's odd because I have never seen this either. It's really a big bloom. Not sure what comes next, after it dies off. Guess I'll find out soon enough.
Think it will be odd?
Odd, I did not even know all this was out there; the "Gardner" I had while I was gone did not tell me about any of this...he said "You said water, not report!"
And so I did, I will be clearer next time.

4 comments:

TaraG said...

I have never seen some of those plants before. Very odd indeed, but you captured them wonderfully!

Shelia said...

Perfect name for the "bat" plant! I wonder if your Sago will turn out like the one on the left of Bay St. It's enormous with about 5 different buds in different directions! And why are men so dang technical anyway?? LOL

Love the flowers!I had no idea that was a clematis!

AmyWhit said...

Maybe the red part of the bloom that the "bat" is flying out of is the fires of hell....you see where I'm going with this, don't you? LOL.

Is your Sago palm growing? Mom says that hers doesn't grow any bigger because it dies off each winter. As you know, they grow HUGE in town, but not the ones that mom and dad have planted. Ah well, I'm no gardener!

Pretty! Pretty! pictures today though! I'm hoping to get a much closer look at those poolside plants soon! *wink* Maybe when things calm down I'll be giving you a call. This week has been crazy...and VBS next week. *sigh*

oldav8r said...

Love the variety. you have an eye for the interesting.