Sunday, June 17, 2007

Come On In And Set A Spell

I was sitting in the porch this afternoon, after it cooled off a bit.
There was a nice breeze enough to keep the pesky mosquitoes away. Wayne had cut the grass Saturday, and with all the rain it was lush and green.
Along with everything else.

I was sitting in the swing when I snapped this shot. I don't get to sit out here much, even though it's one of my most favorite spots. It is peaceful when the bugs can be controlled, and it's cool.

I was talking to Jamie as well, Shane will have to stay in the the hospital, he has developed a blood clot and will have to undergo treatment for that. Pray that he will get the care he needs and for Jamie too, she is having to leave the kids with friends and try to keep a handle on what is going on w/Shane. Thanks!

I know the plants in the planters by the door look bad but there are baby birds in both of them, so have not watered them, and I am waiting for the babies to fly away before I try to revive or replace them.

5 comments:

AmyWhit said...

Love the first photo. It does look awfully inviting.

We stayed in the pool for most of the day. I finally had to tell the kids to "GET OUTTA THE POOL!" or they would still be in there. Dad is building a pretty nice deck around part of the pool, and I was able to sit up there and watch the kids and de-prune a bit. Got some sun, and the water was nice and cool. Now I have LOADS of work to do!

Poor Shane just can't seem to catch a break these days! Continued prayers for the family.

Anonymous said...

The porch looks so inviting. That is the perfect place to drink morning coffee. That's my quiet time(before going off to work)and I love the porch for it. Enjoy!

jamie said...

That does look so inviting. Maybe I could come there and sit awhile and let my mom hold me and rock me and take all my worries away!! I love sitting on that porch when all the mosquitoes and gnats are gone!! You know we don't have gnats up here! Just HUGE mosquitoes....I guess that makes up for no gnats!

Shelia said...

When Jamie gets home we all meet on Judy's porch for sweet tea and lemonade!

Anonymous said...

Amen on the sweat tea and lemonade.