Saturday, June 2, 2007

Portage Glacier

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome. This is the Portage Glacier. The aqua color is the actual glacier. The color has to do with the all the minerals that are in the collection of snow and water. That's a cloud in the top left corner of the photo. Guess you could say we very high in the clouds.
After the cloud passed, we took this is a closeup of the top left piece of the glacier,
but I think that is the shadow of the cloud on the ice.

This is the top center piece of the glacier. We did not get a closeup of the "little pool" at the bottom. Like I said at the top it's just awesome. I catch myself trying to see everything at once! No matter which way I turned the view was AWESOME!

I just have to marvel at God's handy work.

4 comments:

AmyWhit said...

That is just massive! Unbelievable. Just from the pictures I've seen from you and Jamie, I know that it is a beautiful place to visit. Amazing.

Shelia said...

These pics are incredible! I can't imagine how large these glaciers truly are. The aqua color showing through is really neat.

TaraG said...

Great shots of the glaciers! I can only imagine what they look like in person! God just amazes me.

oldav8r said...

The pics are awsome, but you must have been soooooo cold! I don't envy that. Shane needs to be stationed in Hawaii for you next vacation!