Sunday, June 10, 2007

In our Thoughts and Prayers

In his dress uniform.
Handsome!
LT left today. We got to speak with him briefly this afternoon. We were able to tell him that we love him, are praying for him, to be safe and that we have placed him in God's hands. This was a very hard day. Although I know this is what LT has always wanted to do. Be in the military, I mean. I'm not sure why he's wanted to serve his country but he has, ever since he was a little boy. When he told me he was signing with the National Guard ( before he got to old) the only advice I had for him was, "No regrets, don't wait and wonder, what if". He's always managed to achieve whatever he set his mind on doing. Needless to say we are very proud.


Like we did for Shane, Wayne and I are praying Psalm 91 for LT, and want to ask all of you to join with us, as we pray not only for LT's safe return but all of our young service men and women. Also Heather and the Boys are feeling a great void, so please include them in your prayer as well. Thank you!

4 comments:

Shelia said...

Ju we are praying fervently for the LT, your boy. Heather and the boys are lifted up with him. God is so great and he holds us so tightly in his loving arms. I know Jeff feels it. You and Poppie did a wonderful job.

oldav8r said...

Judy, I just got my Bible to read the passage you quoted. The page was already marked with my Bible ribbon---I did not put it there. God has His hands even in this small little detail. I too pray that God places His angels around LT.

AmyWhit said...

Godspeed, LT. He will be lifted up in our prayers, as will you, GWB, Heather, Charlie and Luke.

jamie said...

Another good one is Joshua 1:9. Shane kept Psalms 91 and Josh. 1:9 with him on every mission!! That paper is tattered. You can tell it has seen many things that I don't even want to know about!! God will place LT in the palm of his Hand and will hold him there. I always pictured Shane in the palm of God's hand sticking his weapon through his fingers to shoot, and God's fingers being his shield! This was about the only way I got through. And, for this last event that occured where the IED blew 50 feet from him and not a 'physical' scratch. I KNOW it is true!! It is our job to have faith that God will bring him home safely again!!!